Registration for the Champions Showcase will be through GotSoccer only. Registration materials may be submitted once the application process is closed and your team has been accepted to the tournament.
Please login to your GotSport Account to upload your registration materials using the directions below:
1. Log into your gotsport.com team account.
2. Click on registered tournaments (Champions Showcase).
3. Click on the “documents” tab (far right of screen).
4. Upload the list of items below:
- Copy of Roster (validated by state association)
- Copy of Guest Player Roster
- Copy of Travel Permit (required for all teams outside of TSSA)
- Copy of Players, Guest Players and Coaches Cards
- Copy of Coach Concussion Certificates (required for all teams outside of TSSA)
- Liability Release/Infectious Disease Form (signed by every parent and coach)
Please note: There is no onsite check-in however everything listed above MUST be accessible at EVERY game and only certified staff is permitted on player’s sidelines.
We will NOT check medical authorization forms but it is strongly encouraged that each team has in its possession a medical authorization form for each player on its roster.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Kings Hammer SC and PYB Sports are committed to providing all teams with a great experience. Your team’s hotel accommodations are important to us. We have partnered with area hotels to provide the best options and prices. This event is a “Stay to Play” event. All teams attending the Blue Chip Showcase that need rooms must stay at one of the tournament approved hotels and book through PYB Sports. Additionally, any team traveling over 100 miles to the tournament is required to book through PYB Sports AND maintain a minimum of seven (7) reservations for the event.
All hotel requests must go through PYB Sports. Click here to view the list of hotels.
If you have any questions, please contact Lindsay Prozy at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Rules of Play: Rules of play shall be per FIFA “Laws of the Game” except as modified by US Soccer, US Youth Soccer, Ohio South Youth Soccer Association, and the Blue Chip Showcase Tournament. All decisions concerning rules and regulations, including the interpretation thereof, bracketing of teams, match schedules, etc. are the sole discretion of the Tournament Committee. The playing rules for Midwest Regional League games will supersede all rules and regulations for the Blue Chip Showcase Tournament games for ALL games identified as MRL.
2. Inclement Weather: Please check the web page for all updates. The Tournament Rules Committee reserves the right to make changes to the schedule in the event of inclement weather. These changes may include relocation or reschedule of matches, change of division structure, reduction of the duration of a match, or even cancellation of matches.
B. In the event of inclement weather forcing play to be suspended and preventing the match from being completed during the scheduled time, the score at the time of the suspension shall stand as the final score. If a match cannot be completed at all during the event it will be marked as a 0-0 result. The tournament director and facility managers shall have the sole final decision on field closure. See Severe Weather Policy for more info.
C. In the event of cold weather, we will follow US Soccer’s Cold Weather Guidelines. Please click here to view the guidelines.
3. Payments/Cancellations: If application is accepted then teams acknowledge that their payment will be deposited upon acceptance and if payment is refused, application may be revoked, and teams acknowledge that 1) Payment must be made prior to acceptance, applications may not be considered until payments are received. 2) Application must be reviewed by tournament directors before the team is accepted. 3) Submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance 4) If application is not accepted team will receive a full refund and a letter of notification, but 5) Once accepted no refunds are allowed.
4. Team and Player Registration: Registration for this event is through GotSoccer only unless otherwise approved by the tournament registrar. Each player must be registered with an association recognized by US Soccer and must be on a state/league-approved roster. Up to four duly registered and rostered guest players per team are permitted. As part of the registration process, each team must provide an approved roster and travel permit. Guest players must be included on an approved tournament guest player roster form by your State Association. Each team must provide player passes to registration and to each game. Each team may roster up to 22 players max for the event. Up to 22 players may be permitted to play in a match however, if you are playing league games at the event you must follow league roster policies.
5. Uniform Colors: Home team should wear a light-colored uniform and the Away team should wear a dark-colored uniform. In the event of a conflict, the home team should be prepared to change uniforms.
6. Match Length: Unless shortened due to inclement weather, all U15 – U19 Showcase matches will be 80 minutes in duration, divided into two 40 minute halves. U14 matches will be 70 minutes in duration, divided into two 35 minute halves. Any matches that are league games are subject to league rules including match length.
7. Player Substitution: Unlimited substitution according to FIFA Rules with the following modifications: At any stoppage in play at the referee’s discretion.
8. Red and Yellow Cards / Send offs: The decisions of the referee regarding the application of the Laws of the Game are final;
- A player receiving a red card, including a second yellow, during a match will not be permitted to play in his/her team’s next match;
- If the severity of the red card offense so justifies it, a player may be suspended from playing in the next two matches. The decision to impose a two-match suspension shall be made by the Tournament Director and the Referee Coordinator;
- If a player receives a red card in the team’s final match, it will be returned to his/her team and a report sent to Kentucky Youth Soccer Association or Ohio South Youth Soccer to be forwarded to the respective association. Any further penalty shall be at the discretion of the team’s host organization.
- Per regulations by the Kentucky Youth Soccer Association/Ohio South Youth Soccer Association, all yellow and red cards, as well as any matter involving misconduct by a team or coach, will be recorded and submitted to KYSA or Ohio South in the post-tournament report.
9. Distribution of Player Profiles: Team profiles may be distributed by team managers or designated team representatives. The Blue Chip Showcase does distribute Player Profile books, however, we recognize the desire for teams to develop and distribute their own materials. We ask that you hand out materials on the sidelines of your matches.
10. Tournament Champion: Teams will be placed in an age group bracket. A champion will be named in each bracket based upon the point system below. For each match, a team will be awarded points, as follows:
- Three (3) points for a win
- One (1) point for a tie
- Zero (0) points for a loss
If a team receives a forfeit for any reason, the opposing team(s) are declared a winner with a 2-0 score. The team who forfeits a match will have all “Showcase” matches forfeited and receive a 0-2 loss for all “Showcase” games regardless of the actual outcome. League games are subject to review.
In case of a tie in your Division Bracket, the following tie-breaker will be used to determine the champion:
- Winner of head-to-head competition
- Teams with the most wins
- Goal differential (total goals scored minus total goals allowed)
- Fewest goals allowed
- Goals Scored
- Most Shutouts
- If teams remain tied, they will be declared co-champions
11. Protests / Appeals: All decisions of the referee are final and will only be reviewed by the Tournament Director for the misapplication of a Law. All decisions of the Tournament Director are final. Protests/appeals from individuals or teams will not be heard.
12. Exceptions: The Tournament Director reserves the right to modify any rules/regulations at any time with or without notice.
To ensure we can work around coaches with multiple teams in the event, please make sure the coach who will be coaching your team in the event is listed as the Primary Coach in GotSport in your team application. If they are not listed as the Primary coach for the event, the system will not recognize a coach conflict should two teams with the same coach be scheduled at the same time. To update your coach as the primary please follow the steps below:
- Make sure the coach who is coaching the team for the event is listed as the primary coach on the team registration in GotSport
- Not Listing a coach will prevent the registration from being completed in GotSport so teams must list a PRIMARY COACH.
- Click the GREEN plus button to add coach to the team for the event. If you need to update a coach to Primary, this is where you can add a coach and designate them as Primary. See below:
Notify Event Director Function
Please let the tournament committee know via the “Notify” button in your team application using the account used to register for the event if any of the following have appeared on your schedule. Please Note: This function takes the place of the Support Ticket function from the old GotSoccer system.
- A direct coaching conflict within this event for coaches who coach multiple teams (up to 2 teams. For those coaching 3 teams we encourage you to have an assistant coach).
- A major scheduling mistake (a team playing two games at the same time or back to back games).
- A schedule conflict you need to let us know about prior to publishing schedules.
Although we know life happens but we simply cannot honor requests for the following reason as there are just too many:
- Personal reasons (family events, weddings, etc).
- Non-event specific coaching conflicts not related to this event (another team you are coaching is playing elsewhere).
All “Notify” messages must be sent to Event Director before schedules become final. Once schedules are final there is little room to make changes. No changes will be made to the schedule 10 days out from the event.