Welcome to the Kings Hammer Murfreesboro October Newsletter! This edition features Fall Recreational Wraps Up, Coed Winter Training, Spring Recreational Registration Open, Coaching Opportunities Available, Strikers Cup, Fan Wear, and more! If you have a player, coach, or team to be highlighted in future newsletters, please send photos and stories to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each newsletter will be posted on our website as well as our social pages.
Fall Recreational Wraps Up
Another successful season is in the books for our Grassroots Soccer program. We would like to thank all our volunteer coaches for their time and commitment this season. Each weekend it was excellent to watch our 870+ kids learn new skills and continue to develop a long lasting love for the game of soccer.
Coed Winter Training U5-U8
Coed Winter Training will be held January 7th-February 11th for U5(2018)-U8(2015) players at Oakland High School Indoor Facility.
- U5-U6 Indoor sessions will focus on the introduction of technique followed by small-sided games (3v3). At each session a specific technique is introduced, and players will be able to apply this technique in a game format. Sessions will be led by Mike Smith (U5 and U6 director) and Nathan McBeth (Grassroots Director).
- U7-U8 Indoor sessions that will focus on technique followed by small-sided games (3v3). At each session a specific technique is introduced, and players will be able to apply this technique in a game format.
The deadline to register is January 4, 2023. For more information and to register click here.
Spring Recreational Registration Open
Registration is now open for the 2023 Spring Recreational Season! Little Strikers, TOPSoccer, Youth Rec League and Adult Rec League registration is open now. The deadline to register is February 2nd and a $50 late fee will begin on January 22nd for the Youth Rec League. Click the links below for more information and to register:
- Little Strikers U3-U4: March 11th-May 6th
- TOPSoccer Ages 5-17: March 3rd-May 5th
- Youth Rec League U5-U19: February 27th-May 6th
- Adult Rec League U19+: March 9th-May 11th
Coaching Opportunities Available
Come join our growing team! Kings Hammer Murfreesboro is looking for caring and enthusiastic coaches to join our organization. Click here to fill out our coaching interest form.
Kings Hammer Murfreesboro hosted our first annual Strikers Cup the weekend of October 13-15 at the Richard Siegel Soccer Complex. This year we hosted over 160 teams over the 3 day event with teams traveling from 5 different states as far as Indiana and Missouri. We were treated to some great weather (except for a little rain on Sunday!), great games, and very competitive championship matches.
If you weren’t able to purchase event merchandise on site during the event, it’s not too late to purchase. You can visit our online store and have your event merchandise shipped to you. Click here to order online now!
Thank you to all participating teams, coaches, referees, volunteers and staff for making the event such a success! Without our Kings Hammer Murfreesboro families who volunteered many hours, we can’t host these great events! We will wrap up our 2022 Events with the Champions Showcase in December and then turn our attention to our two spring events in April and May.
We look forward to hosting 3 more great events for the 2022-2023 Season!
We would also like to send a special ‘Thank You’ to our event partners:
- Chevrolet Buick GMC Murfreesboro
- Nike Soccer
- Trophy Awards
- PYB Sports
- Champy’s Chicken
- Coca Cola Consolidated
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Jimmy John’s
- Kona Ice
- Taylor Farms
- The UPS Store of Murfreesboro
- Two J’s Grille
Strikers Cup Champions & Finalists
Congratulations to all our Champions and Finalists at our Strikers Cup Tournament this past weekend. We are proud of how great everyone represented Kings Hammer. Great job, all!
- KHM 13B Premier 1: Finalist: Coach Dan Ebbutt
- KHM 11B Premier 1: Champions: Coach Blake Moore
- KHM 14B Premier 1: Finalists Coach Blake Moore
- KHM 13G Premier 1: Finalists Coach Thomas Parkerson, Adam Shelton
- KHM 13G Premier 2: Finalist: Coach Danial Norman, Thomas Parkerson
- KHM 12G Premier 2: Finalist: Coach Claire Haynes
- KHM 12B Premier 1: Finalist: Coach Matt Manning
- KHM 12B Premier 2: Finalist: Coach Raul Lopez
- KHM 15B Premier 1: Finalist: Coach Stephen St. Amour
- KHM 09B Premier 1: Finalist: Coach Paul Parkerson
- KHM 04/05B Premier 1: Finalist: Coach Nilsen
- KHM 10G Premier 1: Finalist: Coach Turkish
- KHM 09G Premier 1: Champions: Coach Alan Oates
October Education: Respecting our Officials
In last month’s Club Newsletter, we explored our Respect for our Opponents and ways that we could improve the game by extending our respect to each player and every team we face. This month we continue our efforts to Honor the Game through respecting the ROOTS by looking at our relationship with the Officials.
Late September and early October’s crisp sunny weather has provided great weekends for soccer. In addition to all of the regular season games on the schedule, the past month has seen our Kings Hammer teams participate in a number of tremendous events; providing hundreds of teams from throughout the region the opportunity to compete.
All this action has people talking about great games, brilliant goals, and superb saves. Unfortunately, many conversations I have heard have also been centered on the large number of games disrupted by inappropriate, and in some cases, abusive behavior centered on the referees. For some reason, when the whistle blows to start the game many players, coaches, and spectators seem to lose appreciation (and respect) for those responsible for overseeing the game.
And this problem is not isolated just to soccer. The continued lack of respect for officials can be seen every weekend at any sporting event, club, AAU, HS, college, and yes even the pros (watch an FC Cincy game for perfect examples, or go to any hockey game, where the officials are booed as soon as they are introduced…PRIOR to the game!)
In a recent address to her members, Dr Karissa Niehoff, the president of the National Federation of State High School Associations, talks about the problems faced in all sports across the nation (see link below.) In the video Dr Niehoff addresses the results of frequent abuse of referees-a national shortage of officials resulting in numerous cancellations, postponements, or relocations of games and match. I am sure many of you have faced similar problems recently to your events.
GK Union Save of the Month
Congratulations to Finn H from KH Sycamore B12 Premier 2 & Sydney F from KHA South G11 Red for being named the September GK Union Saves of the Month!
Did you make an incredible save or a game-saving block? We want to see them!
Post your best saves in the Kings Hammer GK Union Facebook group or share on Twitter using the hashtag #KingsHammer. Be sure to share throughout the spring season and YOU could be selected for our Kings Hammer Save of the Month! GK Save of the Month winners will be announced the Friday of the first full week of the following month.
Stay Tuned (& Get Excited!)
We can’t unveil the details just yet but be sure to check out our merchandise website every day for 12 days starting the day after Thanksgiving. We will have special deals and great gift ideas that will be sure to delight all the Kings Hammer fans you know! Already holiday shopping? Check out what we’ve got stocked now: Kings Hammer Shop
- October 29th: Grassroots Season End Celebration – a Halloween Event
- December 9th – 11th: Champions Showcase
- April 14th – 16th: Bash in the Boro
- May 5th: 3rd Annual Clash of the Titans – A Coaches Game FUNdraiser
- May 12th – 14th: Orion Cup
Content Feedback Survey
We want to hear from you! Please take a minute to complete a quick Content Feedback Survey with 9 questions. Your answers will help as we start creating content for the 2023 Season!